Summer time and the living is easy.
Time to write and time to read.
If you need inspiration? I’ve got a couple of ideas.
First sign up for some writing prompts.
You’ll find everything from one word, multiple words, to pictures. Some will arrive in you inbox daily, weekly or quarterly.
- Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
- Mash Stories (3 word prompt & contest every 3 mos)
- 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups
- Lillie McFerrin Writes Five Sentence Fiction
- Describli – Describe Your World
- Daily Prompts at The Daily Post
You can choose to link up with other bloggers using the prompt or you can –
Polish and enter your masterpiece in a contest.
Here are a few I found.
- The Saturday Evening Post’s fourth annual Great American Fiction Contest. (deadline July 1, 2015)
- Mash Stories (3 word prompt & contest every 3 mos current deadline July 15,2015)
- Share Your “Silver Linings” Story at Good Housekeeping (deadline Sept. 1, 2015)
- Flash500 (deadlines Jun 30, Sept 30, & Dec 30, 2015)
- Five Magic Spindles creative writing contest (deadline Dec. 16, 2015)
- Tethered by Letters third annual Summer Literary Competition (Aug. 31st, 2015)
- The Barthelme Prize for Short Prose (deadline Aug. 31, 2015)
- The 2015 Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize (deadline Dec. 1, 2015)
- WOW! Women on Writing (Summer contest to begin soon)
- The First Line Literary Journal (deadline Aug 1, 2015 Fall Contest)
- Story Magazine (theme contest deadline Jul 15, 2015)
Do you have a favorite writing prompt that inspires you?
How about contests or call for submissions? Any you think I’d like to hear about?
Let me and the other writers know in the comments section. Much obliged.
Remember to pass this on to your Facebook and Twitter pals.
If you’re not already, please follow me @jeancogdell on Twitter or jean.cogdell on Facebook!