If you have a creative spirit, you’ll feel right at home here.
On this website, you’ll find tips and inspiration to move up to a new level of creativity.
Beginner or pro doesn’t matter, together we will explore ways to learn about writing, blogging, and publishing. And maybe you’ll find something to encourage you on your journey.
This drive to become a better writer lead me to the world-wide-web. There I discovered hundreds of knowledgeable writers and bloggers willing to share their ability. Well, let me tell you, that day of discovery I became a kid in a candy shop.
Keeping up with all that information became quite a challenge. So, I started chronicling tips, tricks and information on my website to keep track of all this terrific information. Learning on the go. Kinda like a first-grader writes spelling words over and over before the big spelling test. Writing about the things I learn sears them in my brain. Anyway, that’s my hope.
Between the inspiration, support of my family and my deep southern roots, the stories pour out faster than I can write the nouns and verbs in the right order. The problem I have is how to write the stories true, and put my heart on the line.
Through this wonderful journey, I’ve met talented writers, illustrators, and editors who’ve helped me complete three children’s books, publish several short stories and set up my publishing company, Second Act Press.
My current work in progress is a suspense thriller. It’s slow going because I edit and rewrite as I go. I know, I shouldn’t, but it is what it is. One day I’ll type the end.
Click my Posts Page to read the lastest. And be sure and click follow this blog button in the right column, that way you won’t miss a single tip. You never know which one will send your creativity soaring.
Want to know more about me the person?
- Favorite people are family, which consists of 5 grands, 2 daughters and one amazing husband. Without their support, I would never have considered a second act.
- Enjoy traveling. Especially considering half of my family live in France.
- Love Blue Bell Ice cream, Diet-coke, favorite dinner is Tex-Mex, occasionally indulge in fried chicken livers (a Southern thing,) good red wine or a well-made dirty martini.
- A game of Texas Holdem at a good casino is fun (only if I’m winning.)
- Music is a balm for the soul and never found a type I didn’t enjoy. But country music is my favorite.
- Love dancing the Texas Two Step.
- Karaoke is fun, but no one invites me to sing since I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, it’s best I stick to telling stories.
- My favorite pastime is reading! Nothing better than curling up with a good book. Except when I’m cheering on a little league baseball game.
- I grew up in a small South Carolina town in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.
- But I now call Texas home.
- Writing prompts are fun ways to sharpen my writing, and I’m grateful for all the bloggers who provide so many interesting choices.
If you’d like to read some of my short stories, be sure click on my published page.
Don’t forgtet to click over and read some of my latest posts.
I started my websites to share information free of charge in a way that both informs and entertains the reader. All I ask, in return is a citation to this source. I do my best to provide quality. However, I don’t guarantee, nor accept legal liability arising from or connected to, accuracy, reliability, or completeness of any material posted or on any sites linked to this website.
Remember, you can find me on these pages too. Thanks for stopping by. I’ll leave a light on.