But a professional bio doesn’t tell you much about me the person.
So more about Me…
- Favorite people are family, which consists of 5 grands, 2 daughters and one amazing husband. Without their support, I would never have considered a second act.
- Enjoy traveling. Favorite cities: Paris, France and New York City, USA
- Love Blue Bell Ice cream, Diet-coke, favorite dinner is Tex-Mex, occasionally indulge in fried chicken livers (a Southern thing,) a good red wine or a well-made dirty martini.
- A game of Texas Holdem at a good casino is fun (only if I’m winning.)
- Music is a balm for the soul and never found a type I didn’t enjoy. But country is my favorite. Love Texas Two Step.
- Karaoke is fun, but no one invites me to sing since I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, it’s best I stick to telling stories.
- My favorite pastime is reading! Nothing better than curling up with a good book. Except when I’m cheering on a little league baseball game.
- Writing prompts are fun ways to sharpen my writing and I’m grateful for all the bloggers who provide so many interesting choices.
I can’t believe Summer has come and gone, again. With the cooler weather comes the aching joints reminding me I’m no longer thirty-five. But I can pretend, that is until I pass a mirror and catch a glimpse of my mother’s refection. When did that happen?
I adore my handsome, a bit of a golf nut, husband, my two beautiful daughters, and fabulous grandchildren.
Between their inspiration and my deep southern roots, the stories pour out faster than I can write the nouns and verbs in the right order. The problem is how to write the stories true, and put my heart on the line. If you’d like to read some of my short stories, be sure click on my published page.
I enjoy when it snows, but not cold weather. And as crazy as it sounds love the Texas heat. Oh, how I wish we lived at the beach.
Writing is part of my second act, and I’m grateful for technology and programs like Grammarly and Scrivener that make reaching for my dream possible. What an amazing time to be a writer.
As the oldest of six, I grew up in a small SC town located near the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. So if you find some of my stories peppered with down-home Southern flavor you’ll understand why. One of my sisters also a writer, and she has a much better knack for the Southern slang that I do. I laugh at her way with words all the time, yet secretly I envy it a bit.
I’ve now published 3 children’s books and a daily Journal. Yay! Not burning up the bestseller pages yet but who knows what the future might hold.
My current work in progress is a suspense thriller. It’s slow going because I edit and rewrite as I go. I know, I shouldn’t, but it is what it is.
So send me your best, I’d love to read your stories, tips, and thoughts.
And click over and read some of my latest posts.
I started my websites to share information free of charge in a way that both informs and entertains the reader. All I ask, in return is a citation to this source. I do my best to provide quality. However, I don’t guarantee, nor accept legal liability arising from or connected to, accuracy, reliability, or completeness of any material posted or on any sites linked to this website.
Remember, you can find me on these pages too. Thanks for stopping by. I’ll leave a light on.