Do you find social media apps confusing or even a bit frightening?
Like, for instance, Instagram? I do! I can barely keep up with Twitter and Facebook. Plus, I don’t have a clue about how to use Instagram effectively. AND, I’m terrible at self-promotion. Which leads to panic every time I try a new social media platform.
Using Instagram to Promote Your Book by Author Steve Boseley
Thanks go to Steve Boseley for this enlightening and encouraging article.
What I learned from Steve…
- Instagram has a free business account.
- Millions of people use Instagram daily. (500 – 800 M) Which far outpaces Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Wow!
- Make sure your Instagram name is easy to read and spell. Hmm…
- Take advantage of the Bio link. With this, you can send readers to your landing page, website or newsletter.
- With the free business account, you can link Instagram to your Facebook page. Using the phone app…
- Click on your pic at the bottom, next click on the three lines at the top right corner, select Settings at the bottom, next select account and “Switch to a Business account.”
- Don’t hit readers over the head with a hard sell. Limit sales posts to 30% of all your posts.
- Make your photos unique. Instagram allows you to edit them with a range of filters and effects. Make your pics unique. Post high-quality photos with engaging captions.
- You can add multiple photos on one post and the reader can scroll through them.
- Size does matter, Steve gives us info on the best.
- Readers love behind the scenes photos. Let them see your workspace and process as a writer.
- Check the Hashtags of other users and follow their lead. Steve gives a link on how to not suck at Hashtags. Be sure and check it out.
- To promote your books, post relevant pics.
- Post often and regularly. YIKES! Now I need to find the time.
Want to know more about using Instagram?
Be sure and click on Steve’s link above, and read his entire article. Because I only hit the highlights, there is much more to know about the media.
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.