Do you find social media apps confusing or even a bit frightening?
Like, for instance, Instagram? I do! I can barely keep up with Twitter and Facebook. Plus, I don’t have a clue about how to use Instagram effectively. AND, I’m terrible at self-promotion. Which leads to panic every time I try a new social media platform.
But, I recently learned a bit more about how to use Instagram without going nuts or running away in fear.
Using Instagram to Promote Your Book by Author Steve Boseley
Thanks go to Steve Boseley for this enlightening and encouraging article.
What I learned from Steve…
- Instagram has a free business account.
- Millions of people use Instagram daily. (500 – 800 M) Which far outpaces Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Wow!
- Make sure your Instagram name is easy to read and spell. Hmm…
- Take advantage of the Bio link. With this, you can send readers to your landing page, website or newsletter.
- With the free business account, you can link Instagram to your Facebook page. Using the phone app…
- Click on your pic at the bottom, next click on the three lines at the top right corner, select Settings at the bottom, next select account and “Switch to a Business account.”
- Don’t hit readers over the head with a hard sell. Limit sales posts to 30% of all your posts.
- Make your photos unique. Instagram allows you to edit them with a range of filters and effects. Make your pics unique. Post high-quality photos with engaging captions.
- You can add multiple photos on one post and the reader can scroll through them.
- Size does matter, Steve gives us info on the best.
- Readers love behind the scenes photos. Let them see your workspace and process as a writer.
- Check the Hashtags of other users and follow their lead. Steve gives a link on how to not suck at Hashtags. Be sure and check it out.
- To promote your books, post relevant pics.
- Post often and regularly. YIKES! Now I need to find the time.
Want to know more about using Instagram?
Be sure and click on Steve’s link above, and read his entire article. Because I only hit the highlights, there is much more to know about the media.
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
AND STOP BY JEAN’S WRITING ANYTIME, I’LL LEAVE A LIGHT ON.
Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest
Don’t forget your favorite Graduate!