Which social media do you use to promote your blog?
There are so many personalized reader/news websites, how do we choose? I can’t keep up with all of them. New ones, old ones, coming and going every day. It’s exhausting.
Flipboard, StumbleUpon/Mix, Medium, Feedly, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linkedin, Reddit, Tumbler, Pocket, Pinterest or…
- StumbleUpon. I loved this one until they changed. Every time I added my blog post to their website, I found other great writers. Now that they’ve migrated over to Mix, I’m not so sure. Changes aren’t always for the better. At 40 million users, I can’t help but wonder how many will make the transition.
- Flipboard. Another one I like. But, I don’t use it as often as I probably should. I find the format a bit intimidating and that easy to use. With over 100 million users, maybe I need to stick with it.
- Medium, ditto to Flipboard. Unless you have a paid subscription, reading the articles is limited.
- Google Plus, I’m not sure how much traffic it generates. But with over 2.2 billion users, I hope to get a few.
- Pinterest. I’ve just recently started linking more often and I’m pleased with the traffic. So, I’m going to try to continue with this one, after all, they boast over 2oo million users. I’ll see how it goes.
- Facebook, meh. Lots of controversies, but lots of traffic go through this site. My results have been mixed with it. However, with over 2.2 billion users I’m not quitting.
- Twitter. Now I’ve had good success with Twitter. Plus I enjoy reading and discovering new bloggers/writers.
- Linkedin, I am signed up for this site, but not real active with it.
- Tumbler It’s been so long since I looked at this one. I’m not sure how active this site is. With over 400 million users, maybe I need to look again.
- Feedly, I’ve never used it. Looks good, but to share your blog through IFTTT requires the paid service. Still with over 14 million users, might be worth it.
- Reddit, confusing. I’ve tried to use Reddit in the past but had little success. And of course, as with so many websites, they’ve changed theirs too. But with over 1.5 billion users…
This is just a drop in the bucket. There are even more feeds to connect our blogs. However, there are only so many hours in a day. I do want to grow my blog but can’t be everywhere all the time.
Now it’s your turn, help a girl out…
Which website do you link to your blog posts?
Which one gets the most referral from?
Want to read more about ways to generate traffic to your blog?
Go to the bottom and keep reading.
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
AND STOP BY JEAN’S WRITING ANYTIME, I’LL LEAVE A LIGHT ON.
Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest, Stumbleupon
What are the best news readers?
Feedly vs Flipboard By ABHISHEK MACWAN
How to Use Flipboard as a Traffic-Generating Machine by
Goodbye, StumbleUpon, one of the last great ways to find good things online By
StumbleUpon is closing down and moving to Mix – Here is your Mix getting started guide