Dust off your keyboard and submit all those great stories you slaved over all winter long.
This is May and it is National Short Story Month and the opportunities abound.
Let me know about any contests I’ve missed. There must be a zillion more out there.
Who are you submitting to? Leave me a comment and add your favorite to the list.
Publications Accepting Submissions:
- Six Words Stories
- Don’t Do It Ezine
- NANO short story 31 writing prompts
- Storm Cellar Quarterly Accepts submissions year round.
Contests Open for Submissions:
- Glimmer Train: 1st: $1,500 May 31, 2014 deadline
- NANO: contest The sixth-annual NANO Prize $500, 300 words max, Deadline: September 1, 2014
- DECISIONS, DECISIONS This contest offers free critiques.
- 53 Press:
- Writing Maps Journal: See website for details.
- Writers Village: The top 50 contestants, whether they win a cash prize or not, will also gain a brief personal critique of their stories.
- Short Story Competition: Cash prize Closing date: 31 July 2014
- Narrative Magazine: Cash prize Deadline June 15.
- Flavor Wire: Cash Prize.
- HHA short story: See website for more details.
- Jotters United Deadline May 31, 2014 See website for details.
- Poetry: Poetry Anthology –Submissions open until June 30, 2014
- TIFERET Writing Contest $1200 in prizes, $15 fee per entry, June 1, 2014 is the Deadline.
- Flash Fiction: Blue Earth Review Flash Fiction Contest Deadline August 1, 2014, $500 1st place, 2nd-$250, 3rd-$100. Winners will be published in Fall issue. Other admirable submissions may be published. $2 fee Submit here https://blueearthreview.submittable.com/submit/24696
- Crazy Horse Deadline July 31, 2014 $1000 prize, All entries will be considered by our editors for publication, and the $15 entry fee includes a one-year subscription
Please check websites for additional rules and details.
2 thoughts on “Submit your story”
Thanks for the link. I might have to bookmark/share this myself, as you’ve got lots of contests listed here also. Always good to keep your options open!
You’re welcome. I’d love for you to share my post. Thanks so much.