Do you procrastinate?
I’ve written several times about letting life get in the way of writing. And uh, no, I haven’t figured out how to shut out the world and write. But, I’ve found a few writers with suggestions to help me with this problem. (Fingers crossed.)
Does doubt dog your writing?
Every damn day. Doubt I will ever finish, doubt no one will read my book, and doubt that anyone will really ever give a damn. Thank God for writers who share their doubts and fears too. I learn something every day. Don’t let doubt kill your dreams.
Do you find excuses to NOT write?
Yep. I sure do. I mean a good movie can help a writer, don’t you think? I just received a new book and can’t wait to read it, 2 days later I’m still engrossed in someone else’s story. Well, I guess it’s time to give up the excuses, again.
“We are so scared of being judged that we look for every excuse to procrastinate.” – Erica Jong
Maybe it’s simply the act of sitting down and starting that is stopping you, not your talent.
Thanks to a few good writers for help in overcoming:
- Write even if you don’t want to. (Put writing in the same category as a chore. Someone has to wash the dishes, right?)
- Accept writing is not easy. (If it were easy, everyone would write.)
- Admit your book may not be the next Great American Novel. (But then again it might.)
- Remember no one can write like you. (Thank God, there’s only one of me.)
- Don’t worry about what other people think. (They don’t use all their brain anyway.)
- A comfort zone is a rut. (Climb out and write your truth.)
Now go read the entire posts (links below) and find a few more tips to help you ‘Get Er Done.’ For those of you who said, get what? Click the video. LOL
How to stay focused on writing one book By Rob Bignell
Okay, your turn:
How do you overcome writer’s doubt?
Share your favorite tip to get things done.
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.