Well, following the rules need not be confusing. Thanks to Barbara Delinsky boils down the rules of writing to 5 easy to understand and follow.
- Research will help you write about everything. Thank goodness for Google. Personally, I love researching a new topic. Too bad I get lost in all the cool info.
- Likable characters.
- Everyone loves to cheer on the heroine and boo the villain. Don’t overdo their attributes.
- Scene purpose.
- Write scenes that don’t distract or slow down your story.
- Move it, move it.
- Keep the pace moving forward. Readers prefer heart-stopping speed to eloquent prose.
- Edit, and edit some more.
- Edit everything. Edit typos, flow, context, inconsistencies, repetition, and boredom.
Head over and read Barbara’s post and let me know what you think.
Do you follow her rules?
Have one of your own to add?
Are you a rule breaker or follower?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.