Crafting a strong female character, without her coming across as a shrew or a cartoon character, is not as easy as it sounds.I loved an article I found over at JoanneWritesBooks. Her tips were very helpful for my current, female-driven, work in progress. After reading her post, I began to think about all the strong women in my family and how they managed. Thanks, Joanne for the reminder and tips on writing strength in my characters.
What I learned about writing a strong female character…
- Everyone has a weakness, even strong characters.
- A strong female can have a girly side, she doesn’t have to emulate a man to be strong.
- Like weakness, everyone struggles with something in life. Make sure you give your character something to wrestle with.
- A woman’s quiet strength is what sustains her.
- Don’t try for perfection. Let her fail and get back up, make mistakes and bad decisions. But also let her persevere.
There is a lot to learn, so head, click on the link from Joanne Writes Books and read the entire article. Then tell me what you think.
How to craft a strong female Character
Do you have a tip on crafting a strong female character? Do share.
Did you glean anything new from the article? Or a good reminder?
Do you think writing a strong female easy or hard?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
AND STOP BY JEAN’S WRITING ANYTIME, I’LL LEAVE A LIGHT ON.
Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest, Stumbleupon