Crafting a strong female character, without her coming across as a shrew or a cartoon character, is not as easy as it sounds.I loved an article I found over at JoanneWritesBooks. Her tips were very helpful for my current, female-driven, work in progress. After reading her post, I began to think about all the strong women in my family and how they managed. Thanks, Joanne for the reminder and tips on writing strength in my characters.
What I learned about writing a strong female character…
- Everyone has a weakness, even strong characters.
- A strong female can have a girly side, she doesn’t have to emulate a man to be strong.
- Like weakness, everyone struggles with something in life. Make sure you give your character something to wrestle with.
- A woman’s quiet strength is what sustains her.
- Don’t try for perfection. Let her fail and get back up, make mistakes and bad decisions. But also let her persevere.
There is a lot to learn, so head, click on the link from Joanne Writes Books and read the entire article. Then tell me what you think.
Did you glean anything new from the article? Or a good reminder?
Do you think writing a strong female easy or hard?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.