Then you might be a writer.
I think this week deserves a little levity. I don’t know about you, but I could use a smile and a bit of encouragement.
My thanks to Jacqui Murray for a light-hearted article for writers.
7 Things Writers Can Do No One Else Can (or Wants to)
After reading her post, as a Southerner, I immediately thought of Jeff Foxworthy and his “You might be a Redneck if…” comedy routine. (Don’t click on Jeff’s link if you are easily offended.)
7 quirks that are a writer’s superpower.
- If you can invent words no one else can understand… You might be a writer. (Writers invent words and move to our own beat.)
- If you eavesdrop on diners and stare, unapologetically at strangers… You might be a writer.
- If you dress like a hobo one day and a diva the next… You might be a writer.
- If a fire breaks out in your home, the first thing you grab is your Kindle… You might be a writer. (A writer always needs something to read.)
- If you go around talking to no one… You might be a writer.
- If you drop yourself between the pages of a story… You might be a writer.
- If you’ve developed alligator hide from so many rejections… You might be a writer. (No one hears the word NO more than a writer.)
Okay, now your turn…
What odd superpower to you attribute to being a writer?
Do you have another quirk to add to the list?
PS: Don’t forget to click on the link above
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
AND STOP BY JEAN’S WRITING ANYTIME, I’LL LEAVE A LIGHT ON.
Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest, Stumbleupon