When you ask someone to read your book?
Well, Evie Gaughan writes on her blog what to do and what to expect for writers.
I couldn’t agree more with her points. Begging for reviews is terrible practice but reviews authors must have.
So how do we keep our dignity?
- Remember our manners. Say please and thank you.
- Be gracious, we’re asking a big favor and may not always like the answer.
- Tell the reviewer how important they are. Authors need reviews.
- Agreeing to read our books is deserves our gratitude no matter what.
- Let the reviewer know you value their time.
- After going for the ask, let it go. Forget about it.
What do you think?
Are we becoming too rude with our expectations?
How do you find reviewers?
Talk to me – I love comments.
Please head over and “like” my Facebook page at Facebook at jeanswriting . Or to connect with me, click the “write me” tab. Don’t forget you can follow me on StumbleUpon, on Twitter @jeancogdell , and Amazon.com.
Please stop by and say “hey!” I’ll leave a light on.