Blogging that is!
You may notice that today’s blog is a bit late this morning. I’ve been busy. Writing, working or putting together my new picture book and playing. In other words living to become inspired.
It was after reading The Pitfalls of Blogging – What You Need To Know About Being a Better Blogger BY
I’ve discovered, when I allow myself to do this, I enjoy blogging more and hopefully am less apt to bore all of my readers.
Let’s face it; no one wants to read a million blogs on outlines. I mean, outlines by themselves are boring. And Lord knows the internet has enough hyperbole about politics no one needs another blog post on that subject. Oops, off topic. Sorry.
Now where was I? Oh yeah.
Janice lists eight things we need to know to become better bloggers. I added two more to her list. Here is my take on the article.
- Don’t let your blogging interfere with your creative process. Give yourself permission to recharge and listen to your muse.
- Don’t get too personal, share too much, or go on like your Aunt Matilda about her gallbladder surgery. Remember once write a post; it is in cyberspace forever.
- Avoid other people’s drama. Do you want to be right or read? See #2.
- Don’t bore people to death. Try to make even outlining interesting, I know that’s a bit of a challenge but do try. Also, refer to #2.
- Go easy with the ads. Don’t know about you but I hate commercials. Love my DVR because I can fast forward through those little devils.
- Avoid a cluttered blog, if possible.
- Don’t use your blog to vent, even if you don’t name names someone will figure out who is who. Nothing is ever private on the web. See #2.
- Fresh content? Nothing is new under the sun, however, the way you present it can be unique. So try.
- Everybody, well almost everybody loves pictures and videos. Remember to give credit where credit is due. And of course, make sure it’s okay to use the image.
- Last but not least, don’t let blogging suck the joy out of writing. Have fun with your blog and with your readers.
Click on the above link to read the entire article and let me know what you think.