Don’t we all!
Today’s letter in the A-Z Challenge N.
N = Niche
With all the thousands, no, millions of writers, bloggers, vloggers and other social media gurus submitting something every day how do we rise above the noise? How do we stand out and rise above all the others?
We’ve got to know which niche/genre we’re writing for. Whether writing a short story, magazine article, self-help, children’s book, or an advertisement knowing the niche is important. That doesn’t mean you are locked in that niche/genre forever. Many successful authors switch genres when they switch projects.
So, what have I learned about understanding my niche?
- Identifying my niche isn’t enough.
- To attract a reader it’s important to confirm their perception of the world.
- The reader must feel that I “get” them. That I understand them.
- My writing should reflect or challenge what my audience believes, thinks or wants.
- Always remember, their perception is their reality.
- Read everything I can find about my niche!
Do you enjoy writing in a particular niche?
Where do you find information about your niche?