We brainstorm ideas all the time. But what about the outline?
I have to admit, outlining a story stops my creative process cold.
Tell me to produce an outline and instant flashbacks to grade school haunt my mind. Yuck! Until now, nothing has helped my phobia of outlines.
It all starts with Brainstorming.
If you too have an adverse reaction to outlines, keep reading. Because Joanna Penn gave me the help I needed and hopefully you’ll get a few good tips to help your aversion too.
What I learned from Joanna Penn…
- Brainstorming helps you outline. (Who knew?)
- Think of outlining as a writing recipe. A way to organize your thoughts. (this was an AH HA moment for me.)
- Brainstorming is throwing out ideas and seeing which ones stick. (Freeing.)
- There are 6 different styles. (Find yours, I’m number 6.)
- Joanna gives steps for each style.
- Finding your specific style will help plan/outline your novel.
- And… Bullet points are my friend.
Click the link below and find out what style do you use to write.
Now tell me…
Do you outline before you write?
How do you plan a book?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.
Click image to read an excerpt…