Do you feel besieged with advice?
Overwhelmed and unsure where to start? Well, keep reading.
Writing is hard. Writing well is harder.
But cutting the process down to bite-size pieces helps. So, if your feeling a little overwhelmed with the do’s and don’ts of writing, reading this great post by K.M. Allan will help. At least she helped me.
How? What did I get out of her post?
- Get the story down first. Fix later.
- Not everyone will love my story. So, what.
- When editing, take one issue at a time. (bite size)
- Listen to the advice that is helpful.
- Consider the source of the advice.
- Last but not least, take a break and then get back to writing.
You may get something totally different from I did after you read her post. That’s okay. We all see things through different filters. The important thing is to keep writing.
Do you become overwhelmed with too many advice rules?
How do you handle criticism from readers and editors?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.