Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this month?
Well, congrats! You’re a week in now.
Not doing NaNoWriMo but still, need to write a lot more words every day?
Although I’m not participating this year, I’m here to cheer you on! And to help you up that word count, check out this post by Louise Foerster.
When the clock is ticking, and your muse isn’t talking, this article may help move your story along.
What I gleaned from this article?
- All you need is words, so type some.
- Remember a good editor can fix a lot of mistakes.
- Use techniques and tools other writers have provided.
- What tools or techniques?
- Quotes from other publications. Prose, comments, verses or documents.
- Send your characters into the world and show what they see and hear. Don’t forget to add their reactions.
- Let your characters talk. You never know what they might say or where it will lead.
- Use cringeworthy tricks.
- You have to read her article for these.
Like I said, I’m not doing NaNoWriMo but, I plan on using some of her ideas for my writing.
What do you think? Are these tips helpful?
Do you need to write faster?
I really want to know so leave me a comment.
Also, if you can please stop by my other locations and say “hey!” I’ll leave a light on.
OR CLICK THE “WRITE ME” TAB AND SEND ME AN EMAIL.