Then you might be a LEXOPHILE (LOVER OF WORDS.)
I love StumbleUpon. Never know what I’ll find when I push that orange button.
My latest find is LEXOPHILES (LOVERS OF WORDS.)
Of the 46 listed, these are my 10 favorites.
- #4. A backward poet writes inverse.
- #13. You are stuck with your debt if you can’t budge it.
- #17. A lot of money is tainted: ‘Taint yours, and ‘taint mine.
- #21. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison: a small medium at large.
- #24. If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.
- 29. Marathon runners with bad shoes suffer the agony of de feet.
- #32. She was only a whiskey-maker, but he loved her still.
- #38. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
- #41. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- #45. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
Do you enjoy playing with words? Making bad jokes and puns?
Have a favorite? Do share in the comments!
Which ones of the 46 made you smile?
Talk to me – I love comments.
Please head over and “like” my Facebook page at Facebook at jeanswriting . Or to connect with me, click the “write me” tab. Don’t forget you can follow me on StumbleUpon, on Twitter @jeancogdell , and Amazon.com.
Please stop by and say “hey!” I’ll leave a light on.