Right, wrong, good, bad and in-between. I read, write, join, submit and re-write until at times I can no longer recognize my story trying to conform.
For me, following rules are hard. I need to understand the why, the how and the need for the rule. In writing, there aren’t a lot of explanations for most of these so called rules. I was so excited to read todays post from Anne R. Allen’s Blog. She set me free. Thank you Anne. Writers go forth and write!
- You’re Writing it all Wrong… Maybe Not (peterdmallett.wordpress.com)
- A matter of style: Wodehouse and the modern rules of writing. (honoriaplum.wordpress.com)
- Write Something That Ain’t Worth A Damn (soshitech.com)
- Rule 1 (chasingagreenlight.wordpress.com)
- Part two of Stephen King’s “On Writing” (amsites.wordpress.com)
- Are you Over Thinking Your Writing? (thewritersadvice.com)
- The Lazy Writer (writinglonghand.wordpress.com)
- You want to write a WHAT????? (willmacmillanjones.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “Breaking the Rules”
I love the linked post from Peter. I also try to “wing” it than follow all the rules. I followed so many rules being a raised Catholic. I try to “think outside the box.” I just want to be me, write and be me. JM its a pleasure to read what you write.
Thanks so much for the kind words. There is more than one way to bake a cake. 🙂
Thanks for linking to my article post. I hope you and your audience find it helpful.
I don’t no about anyone else but I learned loads!