Are you looking to entertain or win a Pultizer?
A big shout out of thanks to Kristen Lamb for reminding me of my goal. I want to entertain you, to make you my readers smile, cringe, laugh or cry. But above all be entertained. As a lover of books, I want my readers to one day love something I’ve written.
In my effort to achieve this goal I often found myself in a ditch on the side of the road, out in the middle of nowhere, wondering how I ended up so far off course. The answer was simple. I’d taken another detour. Insteading of writing I’d become distracted with “fixing“.
Detours fill my Inbox daily, many with wonderful writing tips from successful authors and some well meaning writers. But as Kristen points out so many of these tips should be held for after the first draft is finished.
So back to my drawing board, I mean my keyboard. I need to reve my engine, get my juices flowing and remind myself to go fast and faster. Should I fall off the edge it will only hurt for a short time. Failing to finish hurts longer. Fast and Furious! Maybe I’ll finish.
- Fast & Furious Review (dicksmoviereviews.wordpress.com)
- Fast and the Furious 6 (hethinkssheknows.wordpress.com)
- Write FAST and Furious! Learning to Outrun “The Spock Brain” (darsword.wordpress.com)
- Write FAST and Furious! Learning to Outrun “The Spock Brain” (cynthia2729.wordpress.com)
- When Will I Get My Breakthrough? Making It Past “The Dip” (cynthia2729.wordpress.com)