Which do you prefer second, third or multiple?When I first began, writing in first person POV was frowned upon. Many bloggers insisted it was a hallmark of a novice. This was frustrating as hell because I love writing in 1st POV.
Now I understand that’s not what determines you, as a writer. Each writer is unique as is their story. A good story stands out no matter the POV.
There are pros and cons to everything, even the chosen POV. However, good stories are good and the only thing (IMHO) that waves the red flag of a novice is bad editing.
Thanks to one of my favorite bloggers for sharing…
Why I like first person POV…
- Understanding who is narrating the story is simple. No flipping back and forth to refresh my memory on the who.
- The narrator’s journey gives a closer connection to the POV and story.
- Focus of the story, plot, and the theme are more direct.
- Subplots and supporting characters are directly connected to the narrator.
- Single POV calls for tighter writing. (I love writing flash.)
Bottom line there is no right or wrong POV. We all must be true to the story.
Which POV do you prefer? Why?
Have you tried your hand at the other POV’s?
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.