Well, not literally. That would be impossible.
But, you can switch between books. Which is what I do.
At any given time, I’m reading at least three books. Always thought it was weird until I read a recent post. Now I know I’m not the only person who keeps several books in the air.
It’s quite a balancing act.
There is always at least one or two books about writing, a mystery, and a comedy/love story open on my Kindle. Which one I read when depends on my mood. And a really odd thing is, no matter how long it’s been since I started the book, it’s as if I began reading it yesterday. I have no problem picking up the story thread. No matter the genre.
But, from time to time, there are books I can’t put aside.
So, what will keep me read a book from cover to cover in one sitting?
- A story that grabs me by the throat and I must find the answers.
- A book on writing that is filled with real meat on the craft.
Why do I read several books?
- Mood (sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t)
- Need (help on research or craft)
- Location (can read on phone app when waiting in line)
- Time (often no time to sit and read for hours, but can read a snip-it or two)
Here are the books I’m reading now. Click on image to read about the book.
Can you pick up the thread in them?
Do you read different genres? Or stick to one?
Or do you prefer to finish one book before starting another?
There are many reasons to read more than one book at a time. Click links below and keep reading…
Why You Should Read More Than One Book at a Time By Macy Griffin
I HOPE YOU TAKE A MINUTE AND FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA, JUST CLICK ON THE links BELOW. I’LL LEAVE A LIGHT ON.