I sat in the bleachers watching him walk from the dugout carrying a red and silver bat almost as long as he was tall.
My breath caught as the ball flew over home plate.
Flinching, I clenched my fist in anger as the deep voice of the umpire’s call echoed through the air.
In the stands I mumured a prayer, bit my lip and watched my small man stood his ground.
The next ball went flying through the air, and my grandson around the bases toward home as I shouted untill my voice became but a whisper.
This was my contribution to Five Sentence Fiction. If you would like to join in the fun just click on the link.
Five Sentence Fiction – Home
Jun 12, 2013 ~ 1 Comment ~ Written by lillie
What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: HOME
- Five Sentence Fiction-The Long Journey Home (rendezvouswithrenee.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction – Charmed (andyswordsandpictures.wordpress.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction – Goggles (andyswordsandpictures.wordpress.com)
- Recreational sports calendar: 06.09.13 (caller.com)
- From T-Ball to Coach Pitch (bleacherchat.wordpress.com)
- A letter to my 1-year-old son about life and sports (blogs.seattletimes.com)
- Baseball Season Blues (stirrup-queens.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction – Shadows (sharrymiller.typepad.com)
- The Summer of gLOVE (lyricandlane.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “Springtime in Texas”
Appreciate the pingback! Just getting started on my journey of blogging and looking forward to reading and writing more!
Your welcome, thanks for stopping by.
Thank you for the pingback, and the wonderful story.
Thanks for the compliment, I’ll take all I can get. LOL Glad you enjoyed it.