Then you might be a writer.
I think this week deserves a little levity. I don’t know about you, but I could use a smile and a bit of encouragement.
My thanks to Jacqui Murray for a light-hearted article for writers.
After reading her post, as a Southerner, I immediately thought of Jeff Foxworthy and his “You might be a Redneck if…” comedy routine. (Don’t click on Jeff’s link if you are easily offended.)
7 quirks that are a writer’s superpower.
- If you can invent words no one else can understand… You might be a writer. (Writers invent words and move to our own beat.)
- If you eavesdrop on diners and stare, unapologetically at strangers… You might be a writer.
- If you dress like a hobo one day and a diva the next… You might be a writer.
- If a fire breaks out in your home, the first thing you grab is your Kindle… You might be a writer. (A writer always needs something to read.)
- If you go around talking to no one… You might be a writer.
- If you drop yourself between the pages of a story… You might be a writer.
- If you’ve developed alligator hide from so many rejections… You might be a writer. (No one hears the word NO more than a writer.)
What odd superpower to you attribute to being a writer?
Do you have another quirk to add to the list?
PS: Don’t forget to click on the link above
PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER MINUTE AND LOOK ME UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW.